DOUBLE CHIN & FAT REMOVAL TREATMENT
A double chin, also known as submental fat, is a common condition that occurs when a layer of fat forms below your chin. The appearance of a double chin can dramatically affect confidence, looking older or appearing heavier than they actually are.
You can hide other areas of your body but you cannot hide a double chin.
Some people are more prone to developing submental fullness which is just down to their genetics. Weight gain can also have an effect and fat in this area is particularly difficult to remove despite exercise and dieting.
Some stubborn areas of fat remain resistant to regular exercise and a healthy diet..
Fat dissolving injections is a treatment that helps to dissolve stubborn fat deposits non-surgically.
Dr.Khan will design a treatment plan that is entirely personalised to your needs.
After numbing your skin, the treatment will involve a series of injection into the fat underneath the chin. Once these cells are destroyed it can no longer store or accumulate fat.
Most people will see noticeable results after 2 treatments although up to 6 treatments may be needed (at least 4 weeks between each treatment).
Generally a healthy diet and active exercise regime is advised for all our clients, to maintain a stable weight and avoid new build-up of fatty areas.
- The treated area should not be exposed to direct heat or cold.
- Physical exercise should be avoided for about 4 to 5 days.
- Application of cosmetics to the treated area should be avoided for at least 12 hours.
- Intake of anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen etc.) should be avoided
- Bruising may develop within the treated area.
- There may be itching and burning sensations, feeling of pressure, minor aches, pains and swelling.